Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Advertisments

One of the websites I regularly follow is the Contra Costa Times High School Sports page. They have a live blog and tweet scores as well. One odd thing about their live blog is that you have to watch an occasional commercial, which is no big deal. But the commercials they make you watch don't fit in a live blog for high school football : cosmetics for women and feminine hygiene products.

No, don't get me wrong, I know there are a lot of women out there who enjoy high school football and root for their teams just as wildly as the guys do. But I'm sure most of those women would agree something more sports related would be a better fit and would perhaps rate more money for Contra Costa Times because more viewers would actually click on the ad.

Just some late night ramblings. Tomorrow night I will post the match-ups for the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you! At least put something in there relevant to sports material.