Friday, October 10, 2008

Preview of NCL Games

NCL I North and South

Clear Lake (2-1-1) at Fort Bragg (3-1) Friday night

Fort Bragg will compete with Middletown for the NCL I North crown. Clear Lake may struggle with Cloverdale and Upper Lake for second place in the NCL I South.
Prediction: Fort Bragg wins 35-7.



Cloverdale (3-1) at Kelseyville (1-2-1) Friday night

Kelseyville had an early 18-0 lead against Upper Lake only to lose 30-18. Kelseyville continues to play inconsistently. Cloverdale was having a good season until they ran into Middletown. So far, no one in the NCL I South seems to be able to compete with Division V St. Vincent.
Prediction: Cloverdale wins 27-14.



St. Helena (2-2) at Willits (0-4) Friday night

This is a down year for Willits. But they did play St. Vincent pretty tough last week, although that may be partly attributed to the weather. It is tough to win at Willits, no matter how down they are. I'm thinking this one is a ball game.
Prediction: Willits wins 14-13.



Middletown (3-1) at Upper Lake (3-1) Saturday afternoon

Upper Lake surprised everyone with a powerful win over Kelseyville. I'm still not sure how good Kelseyville is, so that means I have no idea how good Upper Lake is. However, I do know how good Middletown is.
Prediction: Middletown wins 35-6.



The Lower Lake at St. Vincent game pits a Division III school against a Division V school, so that game isn't relevant here. But I do predict a blowout by St. Vincent -- somewhere in the 49-0 range.

No comments: