Thursday, October 23, 2008

Weekend Preview: NCL I North & South

NCL I

Willits (0-6) at Kelseyville (2-3-1) Friday night

Kelseyville looks to even their record and Willits is still searching for their first win.
Prediction: Kelseyville wins 21-7.


Fort Bragg (5-1) at Lower Lake (0-6) Friday night

Fort Bragg should win easily, but shouldn't get caught looking ahead to the Middletown game next week.
Prediction: Fort Bragg wins 42-14.


Middletown (5-1) at St. Helena (4-2) Friday night

This game might actually be close for the first quarter and a half, but Middletown should pull away after that.
Prediction: Middletown wins 35-14.


Cloverdale (3-3) at Clear Lake (3-2-1) Friday night

This appears like it will be a great game. Each team has fared similarly with common opponents and each comes into the game still alive for a shot at the playoffs.
Prediction: Clear Lake wins 28-26.


Upper Lake (3-3) at St. Vincent (6-0) Saturday afternoon

St. Vincent has not played consistently since their 12-7 win over Fort Bragg in week 3. Since squeaking by Middletown and Fort Bragg, St. Vincent played 0-6 Willits close (winning 14-2) and had to come from behind to beat Cloverdale 20-14. I think Upper Lake might give them a game. I know I always get into trouble with this, but here is my upset pick of the weekend (I have to have one).
Prediction: Upper Lake wins 22-20.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be nice if your upset would happen, but I doubt it will. I was thinking Clear Lake might defeat St. Vincent if they can get by Cloverdale and continue to play as well as they did against Lower Lake (and not suffer any injuries).

Class A Dude said...

I think Clear Lake will definitely have a shot against St. Vincent next week. They play at home and St. Vincent just doesn't seem to be as good as they were early in the year. They still have their QB and running back. I wonder if they lost a key lineman or two? We'll know more depending on how good a game Upper Lake gives them.