Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Clear Lake (6-3-1) at Middletown (9-1)

This is a repeat of a game played on October 3rd. Middletown won 34-0. I was at that game. It rained and rained and rained. The field was muddy, the ball was slick. Two of Middletown's touchdowns came through the air, but the running game was what powered their win. The Mustangs dominated both sides of the line and the Cardinals just didn't seem to have any answers.

But that was still early in the season. I think Clear Lake's passing game has improved since then. The weather was also a factor that night; it might not be much of a factor this Friday. I would not count Clear Lake out just yet. They won the NCL I South by virtue of defeating St. Vincent, the only team to beat Middletown this year. I think this game will be a little closer than some might think. There are three factors that come into play for this game: 1. Middletown is the better team; 2. Middletown is the home team; 3. Clear Lake entered post season play after a tough loss to St. Helena. It's all about who is playing well now.

My Prediction: Middletown wins 35-14.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice call Class A.
Pretty much right on.

Class A Dude said...

I get lucky sometimes!