Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Final Preview NCL I

St. Vincent (8-1) at Kelseyville (4-4)

If I were previewing this game six weeks ago, I would have picked St. Vincent in a slaughter -- especially after K-ville got blown out by both Fort Bragg and Middletown. But something has happened to St. Vincent, especially on the road. While they were able to defeat the top two teams in all of the NCL I at home, their road record has been fragile -- breaking once. Their road games: 14-2 win over 0-9 Willits; 8-7 loss to 6-2-1 Clear Lake; and a 7-3 win over 4-5 St. Helena. How will they do on the road against 4-4-1 Kelseyville? I think a pattern has emerged.
Prediction: St. Vincent wins 14-13.


Middletown (8-1) at Lower Lake (1-8)

This should be an easy win for Middletown. I don't see a record point deluge because Middletown does take steps to keep from scoring too much (taking a knee to let time run out inside an opponent's five yard line at halftime in two games this season). The Middletown starters won't play more than a quarter and a half.
Prediction: Middletown wins 49-7.


Fort Bragg (7-2) at Willits (0-9)

Like the game above, this should be an easy one for Fort Bragg. But this is in Willits, where strange things have been known to happen. But I think the strangest thing would be if Willits finds the endzone.
Prediction: Fort Bragg wins 42-0.


Upper Lake (4-5) at Cloverdale (4-5)

This will probably be a great game to watch. Upper Lake has played tough against St. Helena and Clear Lake. It's the last game and both teams will use the kitchen sink. I think this will be my upset special.
Prediction: Upper Lake wins 27-20.


Clear Lake (6-2-1) at St. Helena (4-5)

Clear Lake has already secured their spot in the playoffs, but they can't overlook St. Helena. I see Clear Lake hovering around the 7 or 8 seed. If they lose or if the game is tight, I think they are a lock for the 8th seed. If they win and win big, 7 might be their reward. And what kind of reward would that be? Well, they wouldn't have to travel to Ferndale the following week!
Prediction: Clear Lake wins 28-21.

No comments: