Thursday, November 27, 2008

Semi-Finals

The big weekend is fast approaching. I can't wait. I'll be at the Middletown-Salesian game and will follow the Justin Siena-Ferndale game via online radio.

Salesian (8-2) at Middletown (10-1) Friday night

This is a rematch of a game early in the season that Middletown won 49-20. I don't think we'll see a 29 point spread Friday night. Salesian has improved greatly and their running game has been churning out the yards the past few weeks. Middletown's defense will be put to the test, but I think they have enough to slow the charge from the Chieftains. I still think the game will be close.

Prediction: Middletown wins 24-21.


Justin Siena (7-4) at Ferndale (11-0) Saturday afternoon

This, too, looks like it will be a great game. I think this one could be every bit as good as the regular season match-up between Ferndale and St. Patrick-St. Vincent last year, but with a different outcome. Justin, just like St. Pats, runs the veer offense and has a mobile quarterback. Ferndale has seen this before. I think Ferndale will control the tempo of the game, holding a tight lead late in the game, forcing Justin to take chances. If those chances succeed, then they might squeak out a win, but if they fail, the score might end up more lopsided.

Prediction: Ferndale wins 35-21.

No comments: